Forever Humboldt is honored to once again organize and sponsor Winter Wishes, a program that helps staff, faculty, student, and local alumni sponsors buy gifts for local children in need. This effort started with a former HSU employee, Bill Clem, who for the last 20+ years has made the holidays brighter for numerous Humboldt County kids. Now, Forever Humboldt is continuing the program as Winter Wishes.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- Be a sponsor, or team up with others, to support one or more local children.
- After being matched with a child, you will receive an email with their wish list.
- Sponsors can anticipate spending $50-$100 on gifts.
- Drop off unwrapped gifts at the Facilities Management front desk or Shipping & Receiving warehouse by Thursday, December 12.
- Gifts will be wrapped (see details below) and delivered to the children by Thursday, December 19.
SIGN UP HERE TO SPONSOR A CHILD IN NEED
HELP WRAP THE GIFTS
Love wrapping presents? Forever Humboldt invites you to help wrap gifts on Monday, December 9 from 4-7 p.m. in Nelson Hall East Rm 106 and Thursday, December 12 from 12-3 p.m. in Nelson Hall East Rm 106. The gift wrapping sessions are open to everyone and are another way to support this program!
For more information about the program, contact the office of Alumni & Engagement at email@example.com.